If you would like to be on the Waiting List for a future litter of piglets, the following are the questions we will ask you to answer. If you send us an email and let us know that you would like to apply, we’ll send you back a message with the list of questions, and you can use that to answer and return to us. By answering these questions, you will know, and we will know, if you have given piggy ownership enough thought.
- Please send us your name, the city and province you live in, and your email address.
- Are you aware of the adult size that a mini pet pig grows to (about the size of an English Bulldog)?
- Are you aware that a mini pig can live for 12 years or more?
- Do you have a veterinarian you have contacted who would be willing to provide care for your little pig? Please provide us with the name of the veterinarian you have chosen.
- Have you read through our website so that you are aware of both the challenges and fun of having a piggy companion?
- Please tell us a little about your home life. How long each day would piggy be left alone? How many people live in your home? Are there any children? Are there any other pets?
- Do you live in a house or apartment?
- Do you have access to a fenced yard or area where your pig could root around as well as soil?
- Are you financially able to provide annual and emergency veterinarian care for your pet pig?
- Are you willing to commit to spending at least two hours a day to socialization of your pet?
- Have you investigated whether your municipal by-laws permit you to own a pet pig?